Black Pride Day Lecture
A woman standing in front of a supermarket shelf or gondola was asked when the missing merchandise would be restocked. She replied that she didn't work there because she was a judge.
But... She wasn't a judge there, she was a person.
Do you know who you're talking to?
- Yes. A person.
On Black Pride Day, I was invited to give a lecture at the OAB (Brazilian Bar Association), under the same pretext that my president at IPEA (Institute for Applied Economic Research) used to want me to study and produce something on political issues concerning Black people.
I said in both situations that I am not Black. I am a person with black skin. I don't see myself as Black.
I don't know how a Black person eats, what a Black person wears, what kind of woman a Black person sleeps with, what neighborhood a Black person lives in, what drink a Black person drinks, what language a Black person speaks, what vaccine a Black person takes, what kind of lungs a Black person has, what kind of sandals a Black person wears, what kind of candidate a Black person runs, what kind of profession a Black person has, what color a Black person prefers, what kind of candy a Black person has—in short, science knows almost nothing about Black people, where they study, what their professions are, whether they sleep, kiss, or scratch themselves. A profound process of study is needed to understand and treat a Black person, to create schools for Black people, soaps, shoes, t-shirts for Black people; the world needs adaptations for Black people, like sidewalks for Black people, ice cream adapted for Black people to eat, and special showers.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário