terça-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2026

Loser's Spirit

Loser's mentality

It was in 2010 when I was talking to my colleague from the PT (Workers' Party of the Left), who was my boss in the commissioned position of advisor at the GDF (Government of the Federal District), my friend nicknamed "Gaúcho" (someone born in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, in the Pampas), when they were discouraged because the PT was losing prestige with voters in BsB (Brasília) and São Paulo, I told him that the PT's executive leadership hadn't realized that in two or three terms they would dominate the higher courts through the appointment of lifetime positions.

So, in the characteristic arrogance of the PT leadership – he was president – ​​called general secretary – of the Union, vice president of the PT in Brasília, Director of the National PT and director in the National Confederation of Federal Public Servants – he laughed at me, but it was precisely this institutional legal apparatus that got Lula out of jail and put him back in power, according to Gilmar Mendes (Minister of the Supreme Court of Brazil - STF).

I never make predictions in politics, this was pure analysis of the facts that the PT, always accustomed to complaining and protesting, never manages to see, not even where it got it right.

I said this at all the union and Confederation congresses and they thought I was too optimistic and dreamy, politically alienated.

PT members are trained in their posture to criticize, persecute and destroy, they can't even see the advances and victories.


Roberto da Silva Rocha, professor universitário e cientista político

Nenhum comentário: